CDs or long-term conditions as they are often referred to in the UK, are characterised as being long in duration, resulting from a combination of genetic, physiological, environmental and behavioural factors **
The four main Non-communicable Diseases; cardiovascular, respiratory diseases, diabetes and cancer, often occur with common mental health disorders **
**WHO (2018). Non Communicable Diseases. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/noncommunicable-diseases Last Accessed August 2020
Viatris is committed to relieving the burden of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs).
Therefore, in Association with Pharmacy Management and to recognise World Mental Health Day, Upjohn hosted an educational live virtual webinar on 9th October to discuss the role that community pharmacy can play in the management of NCDs.
The webinar has been recorded and is available for you to watch at a time that suits you best.
This Webinar contains information on;
- The role community pharmacy can play with a reflection on the long-term plan
- The impact of NCDs both globally and locally
- The main types of NCDs
Access our detailed expanded slides for E-Learning to boost your knowledge of NCDs.
These E-Learning Slides will enable you to explain:
- NHS Long Term Plan and the role community pharmacy can play
- What are NCDs and their impact both globally and within the UK
- Causes of NCDs
- Types of NCDs, their prevalence within the UK
- Other long-term conditions
NCD Academy Training
NCD Academy, sponsored by Viatris, is a first-of-its-kind collaboration between major actors in global health to equip frontline health workers with integrated, mobile-first education on NCD care as they take on a more prominent role in prevention.
Join us to explore lessons from leading experts on skills and strategies for the
prevention and basic management of today's most common chronic conditions
that you can use in your clinic and community to help advance our global mission of quality care for all.
- Interactive lessons that emphasise practice through gamified learning.
- Input by experts from around the world to ensure applicability to local practice.
- Course completion results in a digital certificate badge to showcase mastery of topics.
- A one-stop-shop for primary care providers to access education on various NCDs that represent the greatest contributors to global mortality
Download for Free HERE
Available for iOS and Android, as well as via desktop.
Materials are available for printing and downloading for registered users
PP-TPP-GBR-0492. December 2020.