NCDs or long-term conditions as they are often referred to in the UK, are characterised as being long in duration, resulting from a combination of genetic, physiological, environmental and behavioural factors **
The four main Non-communicable Diseases; cardiovascular, respiratory diseases, diabetes and cancer, often occur with common mental health disorders **
**WHO (2018). Non Communicable Diseases. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/noncommunicable-diseases Last Accessed August 2020
Upjohn is committed to supporting the improvement of the burden of NCD’s.
Therefore, in Association with Pharmacy Management and to recognise World Mental Health Day, Upjohn UK hosted an educational live virtual webinar on 9th October to discuss the role that community pharmacy can play in the management of NCD’s.
The webinar has been recorded and is available for you to watch at a time that suits you best.
This Webinar contains information on;
- The role community pharmacy can play with a reflection on the long-term plan
- The impact of NCDs both globally and locally
- The main types of NCDs
Access our detailed expanded slides for E-Learning to boost your knowledge of NCD’s.
These E-Learning Slides will enable you to explain:
- NHS Long Term Plan and the role community pharmacy can play
- What are NCDs and their impact both globally and within the UK
- Causes of NCDs
- Types of NCDs, their prevalence within the UK
- Other long-term conditions
Materials are available for printing and downloading for registered users
PP-TPP-GBR-0442. October 2020.